Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Ventage Top Five 10/9



The other day, I told you about my Ventage girls.  Lately, we have been having some pretty epic email chains about clothes.  You know, the I hate my closet, I look so boring, wish I was a millionaire type convos.  Well, we still might hate our closets and want to be millionaires, but if you want to start looking at your clothes with fresh eyes?  Bring in fresh eyes!  

We have been taking some selfies and sharing our outfits.  I can't speak for everyone else, but it has made me look at my closet differently and put things together in a better way.  

I could still be skinnier, and more stylish, but I am feeling pretty damn good about my wardrobe lately!  

Today's challenge?  What are your top five closet must haves.  Go check out Em, Steph, Barb and Katrina and I have some things in common - but everyone has their own style!  We are just real women, not skinny minis, not unlimited cash to spend on clothes, not always the most confident in our choices.  BUT - we are committed to stepping up our look and are happy to share what we are learning along the way.  

Here are my top fives:

1)  Great fitting jeans.  Not the jeans that you WISHED fit you, but ones that really do. I am a huge fan of the Gap 1969 perfect boot in dark wash.  

2)  Tank tops.  Lots and lots of tank tops in many colors.  I like to buy these cheap (think Target or Old Navy) wear them till they lose their shape and then add them to the pj pile.  Can change a lot of looks with a tank (paired with a cardi, layered with another shirt) use to cheaply add color and texture to outfits.  

3)  Red heels.  I love to wear colorful shoes to spice up a boring outfit.  My go to shoes are red heels.  xoxox this look.  

4)  A versatile black dress.  Now, this is not the I want to knock your socks off and make out in the back of the mini van (I know, such a wild and crazy life I lead) kind of dress.  This is a workhorse dress - easy to wash, wear for a casual night out, wear with a cardigan to work, add some sparkly jewelry and wear for a dressier occasion.  Note - this piece doesn't need to be spendy.  My favorite black dress (see below) was $38.  yay!

5)  Crazy jewelry.  I am always scouring for weird and bulky necklaces.  They spice up that boring shirt without spending a ton of cash.  I get TONS of compliments on my necklaces and love the costume jewelry because it is fun and funky!  

Would love to hear what your must haves are - and be sure to go check out the rest of the gangs ideas too!

Ventage Top Five 10/9

7 comments:

  1. I think that GAP owes us a discount.
    I'm inching toward the red heels. Promise.
    Totally on the lookout for fun necklaces!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear GAP, we love you. Please give us free stuff.
      xoxo Ventage.

      Delete
  2. Red heels = awesome. I just had to throw a pair away because they were much loved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Josie, I am soooo glad to hear it. I think the rest of the gang was thinking that was a nutso addition to my list! Are you ordering new ones?? Share!

      Delete
  3. Can't do the red heels but I will totally find some red flats in your honor :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have the best style. :)
    That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the necklace.
    Love the red shoes.

    Can't rock the tank tops quite like you. Wish I could.

    ReplyDelete